THE WORLDWIDE DISC PREMIERE OF THE LOST AMERICAN FOLK HORROR CLASSIC
In 1983, acclaimed photographer Avery Crounse made his debut as writer/director with what is considered to be the seminal American folk horror film. Misunderstood by audiences and mishandled by distributors, it has remained virtually unseen until now: On the 18th-century frontier, an adulterous preacher and his followers flee to 'the promised land' only to enter a valley of lust, madness, pagan vengeance and hallucinatory terror. Dennis Lipscomb (RETRIBUTION), Guy Boyd (BODY DOUBLE) and Kerry Sherman (SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS) star in this "extraordinary horror fantasy" (The Psychotronic Video Guide) restored in 4K from the original negative with more than 2½ hours of Special Features that include the answer print of Crounse's original cut, CRYING BLUE SKY.
- Audio Commentary With Colin Dickey, Author Of Ghostland: An American History In Haunted Places
- The Secret Is In The Trees — Nightmare USA Author Stephen Thrower Interviews Writer/Director Avery Crounse
- CRYING BLUE SKY — Alternate, Longer Cut
- Short Film: THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
- Short Film: TRANSFORMATIONS
- Short Film: BACKWOODS