240 pages, hardcover, A5. Full color. New. DCC Compatible
There exists a prophecy of unknown origin that they will fight to the death against the onslaught of piracy to protect the town, dying and ultimately summoning an army of servitors to exact their dying wishes. But that’s silly.
Depending on who you talk to this is either 1 (me), or 3 (editor) new adventures for Dungeon Crawl Classics. Spanning from a town with (lots of) problems, a point crawl across (and under) the sea, and a depth crawl through the eye of a hurricane.
There are nightmares of a demon whale that sleeps beneath the waves, threatening to drown us all.
The entire adventure pulses with the die chain tracking as the storm waxes and wanes. Every encounter table, rumour, and hook table is linked to this die. The adventure turns to chaos as you play it.
Inside of these 240 pages you will find:
The Town of Churn, its denizens and problems
- 14 Locations (Inns, Taverns, Dunes, and Temples), each with events on first, and repeat visits.
- Daily events which Bring the town together
- Nightly raids that tear it to shreds
- Sweet Omens as you leave the town
- Violent Echoes as you return to what has become of the town
Stroke, a point crawl across and under the ocean
- 8 Locations (Islands, Abandoned Vessels, Tunnels, and Sea Walls), above and beneath the sea
- Encounters on the water, and in the tunnels
Burn, a depth crawl through the eye of a hurricane
- An ever reconfiguring maze with over 30^4 configurations
- A series of encounters, further complicating the mess
- There are also Knights that breathe salt-water and giant Sea otters and albatross men… it’s a silly place
- An encounter called “the End”… good luck getting there
- A Bestiary with over 30 new creatures (and people)
- Carousing tables
- The Doomed Denizens, 24 npc each stranger than the last
- Collections of Towns, Tunnels, Seas, and Drainspeoples.
- A magic set of armor that locks you beneath the waves
- A new class, the Grimoire Lurker, that sings songs of doom, recording them in their flesh bound journals
- The Drowned Language, words when spoken that fill your lungs with salt
- Loot, linked to the Storm Die, more storm = more treasure
- An Appendix N of the best content in the world (not sharing here)
- New Occupations, it’s DCC… you will need level-0s (and a lifepath system)
- An Appendix on Piracy ranging the pirates that ransack the towns, to the magic flags they bear, woven with the fibers of demonic muscle
- An Appendix for Storms
- An Appendix for Shipwrecks
This product is compatible with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game.
- Writing - Sean
- Development Editing, Copyediting, Proofreading - Jared Sinclair
- Cover - Asmo Grimae
- Art - Scrap Princess, Jonathan LaMantia, BachelorSoft, Amanda Lee Franck, Wind Lothamer, Glynn Seal
- Cartography - Lone Archivist, Glynn Seal, Jonathan LaMantia
- Layout - J.Kap
- PDF Remediation - Dai Shugars
More from Orbital Intelligence HERE